Meetings are held each Sunday from 3:30 - 5:00pm at the scout hut on the grounds of the Westminster Summer Camp. Meetings are not held on weekends during troop outings or during the Westminster School's holidays and breaks.
Unless otherwise specified, scouts should wear their Class-A uniforms to all meetings, Courts of Honor, and troop activities. Scouts do not typically wear Class-A uniforms to service projects and campouts.
PLC to arrive 30 minutes prior for short planning meeting All other Scouts arrive 10-15 min. before meeting Setup 5 rows of chairs facing the front of the room Setup 1 table in the front of the room, and place two chairs facing the patrol lines behind the tables Setup a table along the side of the room (without windows)
Stay 10-15 min after meeting Return all chairs and tables to the closet Sweep floor and pick up trash Take trash to outside trash can Meeting Agendas Meeting agendas are typically set by the members of the Patrol Leader Council or PLC.
Where appropriate, meeting notes are kept by our Troop's Scribe.
General Meeting Agenda
Patrol Meeting Agenda
PLC Meeting Agenda
Our Troop's PLC meets, prior to the first meeting of each month, to plan Troop activities and events.
A typical PLC meeting agenda is:
- Assemble and role call
- What do we need to do to be ready for meeting at 3:30pm? (10 minutes)
- What is our plan for next meeting, who is responsible? (5 minutes)
- What are we thinking about for two meetings after that? Who is responsible? (5 minutes)
- Other business (8 minutes)
- Begin pre-meeting activities for Troop meeting at 3:28pm so we can start at 3:30pm.