Patrol Leader Responsibilities
Patrol Leaders are responsible for all facets patrol operations. They are in essence, running a small Scout Troop.
- Choose your patrol Troop Guide, Quartermaster, Chaplain Aid and report to Scoutmaster.
- Choose one or two APLs that can fill in for you if your are absent.
- Hold weekly patrol meetings, take attendance and report to Scoutmaster.
- Attend monthly PLC meetings.
- PL is responsible for all facets of the patrol operation.
- Lead monthly camp prep meeting regardless of whether you are camping or not.
- Make sure there is a campout patrol leader for your patrol.
- Plan and hold a monthly patrol 30-minute activity to be held during patrol meeting.
- Oversee and manage patrol Troop Guide to ensure that advancement is occurring.
- Maintain 75% attendance at Troop activities and events.
- Build Troop identity. Obviously, you should know the names of everyone in your patrol.
- Wear your uniform and set an example for your patrol members.
- Organize a patrol activity, outside of normal Troop meetings and campouts, once per semester.