Jump to navigation Jump to search
This list comprises the duties and responsibilities of the Troop Scribe. These tasks are to be completed in conjunction with the Troop's adult leader(s) in charge of communication and Web.
- Maintain and update public and private troop websites in conjunction with Scoutmasters.
- Send weekly announcement email, during scouting year, on Wednesday.
- Collect announcements from scoutmasters, parents, SPL, and scouts on Monday/Tuesday of week.
- Email the announcements on Wednesday if applicable.
- Maintain and update Troop's Facebook page
- Create and edit events for each scout meeting.
- Create and edit events for each troop activity (e.g. campouts, special programs, etc.)
- Add selected photos to Troop's Facebook page.
- Manage Troop's photo sharing repository.
- Collect and upload photos to Troop's photo archive.
- Prepare post-campout slideshows.
- Maintain Troop's Twitter account and Tweet weekly.
- Post to Troop's FB page at least twice a week with content from Boys Life, Scouting pages, and other items of interest to the Troop community.
- Take pictures at various Troop activities and post, where appropriate, on FB page.
- Maintain 75% attendance at Troop activities and events.