This list comprises the duties and responsibilities of the Troop Scribe. These tasks are to be completed in conjunction with the Troop's adult leader(s) in charge of communication and Web.
- Maintain and update public and private troop websites in conjunction with Scoutmasters.
- Send weekly announcement email, during scouting year, on Wednesday.
- Collect announcements from scoutmasters, parents, SPL, and scouts on Monday/Tuesday of week.
- Email the announcements on Wednesday if applicable.
- Maintain and update Troop's Facebook page
- Create and edit events for each scout meeting.
- Create and edit events for each troop activity (e.g. campouts, special programs, etc.)
- Add selected photos to Troop's Facebook page.
- Manage Troop's photo sharing repository.
- Collect and upload photos to Troop's photo archive.
- Prepare post-campout slideshows.
- Maintain Troop's Twitter account and Tweet weekly.
- Post to Troop's FB page at least twice a week with content from Boys Life, Scouting pages, and other items of interest to the Troop community.
- Take pictures at various Troop activities and post, where appropriate, on FB page.
- Maintain 75% attendance at Troop activities and events.